Lets earn some extra money!! =)
Ask yourself this question - Would an extra $500 a month change my life? How about $1,000? Or even better, how about an extra $5,000 a month? Pick an amount that resonates with you the most and stick to that number.
With the power of the internet having a side hustle that can make you the same or even more than what you are currently making at your job is very possible.
I've listed 45 ways you can make extra money below (broken down by separate categories.) So lets get started!
MAKE MONEY FROM HOME
1) Blogging. You can make a lot of money blogging. There are many bloggers who make at least $5,000 a month. You can make money blogging a number of different ways, such as creating and selling your own digital products, display advertising, and affiliate marketing, and sponsorships. The best part about blogging is that you can write about something you love and do it on your own time. For me, I love blogging because it provides a creative outlet for one of my passions, teaching and finance! It also doesn't hurt that I make a decent side income.
2) Start an online business. You can start any type of online business and make money online. Create a website, sell cute homemade items on etsy, become an Ebay power seller... the possibilities for making money online are endless!
3) Virtual assistant. A virtual assistant (aka VA) is someone who does administrative tasks for a person or company from home (instead of going into an office). It’s an excellent way to make money from home.
4) Affiliate marketing. You can make money through affiliate marketing online. Affiliate marketing means that you sell someone else’s product and get paid for it. The nice thing about affiliates is that you don’t have to create the product yourself. Bloggers make a killing with affiliate marketing (think fashion blogs, for example).
5) Freelance writing. You can make money by writing for other sites (which is known as freelance writing). I know people who are paid anywhere from $100-$400 per post for articles they write for other sites. I know a friend who used to freelance on the side because of the quick cash.
6) Online surveys. You can get paid to fill out surveys online. There are companies that pay you to complete surveys based on what they need research on (consumer opinions, etc.). A few you can get started with are Survey Junkie, Pinecone Research, and Opinion Outpost.
7) Self-publish books. You can write and publish books online, like on Amazon and then sell them (through the Kindle store or on your own site). Not a writer? No problem! You can hire other people to write the books for you for as little as $50 but still own 100% of the rights to sell and publish the book. You can make over $8,000 from doing this! I plan on creating an online course that goes step-by-step on how you can do this.
8) Proof reading. You can get paid to be a proofreader, right from your own home.
9) Digital photos. You can take photos and sell them to companies online. They will then use your photos as stock photos. You can get paid per photo. Plus, you get to learn a cool skill along the way.
10) Amazon FBA seller. You can make money online by using the Fulfillment By Amazon (FBA). Here’s how it works: you find a product you want to sell, you ship it to Amazon, Amazon stores the item, you post the product online, the product appears to Amazon customers, and when the product is purchased, Amazon ships it.
11) Launch an eCourse. You can make money by creating an online course and selling it on your website. The nice thing about an eCourse is that it’s all online, so you don’t have to go anywhere to teach. The income potential is also unlimited.
12) Fiverr. You can make money by becoming a member of Fiverr and selling your services to people online. On Fiverr, you can sell any service for $5 (or buy any service for $5). If you are skilled as a graphic designer, editor, photographer, or really anything else that you can offer your services for on the site, then Fiverr is an awesome way to make money. You don’t have to stick to the $5 price range either – you can offer services at a premium and charge more (think $10-$100 per gig).
13) Air B&B. You can rent out your house or apartment and make money through Air B&B. Along the same lines, but more permanent, you can get a roommate and rent one of your rooms while you still live there.
SELL YOUR STUFF
14) Craigslist. You can sell your stuff on Craigslist. I recommend starting with a high price, giving a reasonable reason why you’re selling the items, and selling from an area that’s doing well economically. You’ll get much better offers this way!
15) Decluttr. This is an app you can download where you sell your old CDs, video games, or DVDs to Decluttr, a company that’s in the business of buying back these items. All you do is download the app and start scanning the barcodes of the items you want to sell. It’s easy and pain-free.
16) eBay. Selling your stuff on eBay is another great way to make money.
17) Poshmark. You can sell your clothes online through Poshmark, which is an app that allows you to buy and sell clothes easily online.
18) Facebook. Facebook has Buy, Sell, Trade groups where you can join based on the city you live in, then post items you have for sale.
19) Letgo . You can sell most of your stuff on letgo, an online platform for buying and selling your old stuff. It’s free to use and seems like a very easy platform to use.
20) BookSouter.com. You can make money selling old books on BookScouter.com. This is perfect if you’ve just finished up college courses and want to make money off your books.
21) Paribus. You can get a refund from recent purchases if they’ve declined in price since you’ve bought them using the app, Paribus. Basically, you keep your email receipts in one email account and the app will scan your email for receipts, then compare it to prices online. If you paid more, you can earn a refund by Paribus filing a refund claim on your behalf. Pretty neat.
CARE FOR OTHER PEOPLE’S STUFF
22) House sitter. You can make money watching over people’s homes while they’re out of town. With the amazing-ness of the internet, now you don’t even need to know someone who needs you to look after their house. You can apply for these jobs on sites like HouseSitter.com.
23) Pet sitter. You can make money caring for other people’s pets when they aren’t able to. Like babysitting, you can apply for pet-sitting jobs on SitterCity.com.
24) Housekeeper. You can make money as a housekeeper, cleaning and caring for other people’s houses. There’s a service called Handy, where you can become a housekeeper in their site who is paired with people who need housecleaning.
25) Lawn / snow care. You can make money mowing lawns in the summer and plowing snow in the winter.
INCREASE YOUR CURRENT PAY
26) Ask for a raise. You can make more money by increasing the pay at your current job. It blows my mind how many people are afraid to ask this question to their employer. If you think you are worth this raise and you haven't received one in a while, you are in your right to ask. Don't let fear stop you! The worst they can say is no.
27) Get a new job. You can make money by getting a higher paying job.
28) Get more training. You can indirectly increase your potential earnings by becoming certified or taking more classes for a specific license or degree. It’s no wonder why so many of us are in student loan debt. The idea being that going to school will pay off in the future.
TAKE ON PART-TIME WORK
29) Babysitter. You can make extra money on the side by babysitting. This is probably the quickest way, in my experience, to earn some extra cash. When I used to babysit, I know a lot of people who used SitterCity.com. Babysitters can create a free profile and interview with families for babysitting jobs in their area.
30) Tutor. You can make extra money by tutoring kids. You don’t have to be an expert and you don’t have to have a teaching degree. You can simply reach out to local schools or post on Facebook that you’re offering these services, or you can go through a site like Tutor.com where you can apply for tutoring jobs online.
31) Uber driver. You can get paid to drive people to and from places with Uber. The nice thing about Uber is that it’s on your own time – you don’t have to have a set schedule and can work whenever you want to make money. You get to keep 80% of what you earn on the rides and Uber keeps 20%.
32) Server / bartender. You can take on a part-time job as a server or bartender and make extra money quickly. Usually, servers and bartenders are paid out in cash, so the sooner you start the sooner you’ll have cash in your pocket!
33) Coach. You can get paid to coach people doing a variety of different things. From fitness to health to finances to goal-setting, if you have experience in an area, you can learn how to be a coach and make money coaching other people. You can create a website to promote your coaching and turn it into a legit side business.
34) Retail store. You can make extra money by working at a retail store, particularly (but not necessarily) if you like fashion or it’s the holiday season. Usually, you can work evening shifts, which makes retail a great avenue if you work a job during the day.
35) Stylist. You can make money as a stylist for companies like Stitch Fix. A lot of styling opportunities are part-time and provide great flexibility.
36) Bookkeeper. You can learn how to become a bookkeeper from home and make money on the side.
37) Mystery shopper. You can earn money as a mystery shopper, which means companies pay you to pretend like a normal shopper and shop at their stores, then report back on how your experience was.
TAKE ADVANTAGE OF FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS
38) Sign up for bank offers. You can put some extra cash in your pocket by signing up for bank offers. Basically, you open a new account when the bank offers you cash for opening a certain account at its institution. Personally, I don’t love this because it requires a lot of moving pieces (opening and closing accounts) and it feels like you’re always at the whim of the bank offer instead of creating a plan and sticking to it (let alone the fine print that comes along with this strategy). However, I know people who do this successfully and term it “free money”, so I didn’t want to leave it out just because it’s not my cup of tea.
39) Sign up for credit card reward offers. You can make some extra money (aka cash back or points) from using credit cards. Many credit card companies offers huge bonus points if you sign up with them. Sometimes those points can equal up to two free round trip tickets to Europe! Credit card points are definitely worth it for the regular traveler.
USE YOUR HEALTH
40) Clinical trials. You can make money by participating in health studies (aka clinical trials). You can search clinical trials in your area here. You have to be accepted into the study, which means you have to qualify. But you don’t have to have a disease. There are lots of studies out there, including sleep studies, and some studies want healthy adults as a control group.
41) Healthy activities. You can earn money through Achievemint, an app that pays you to achieve your health goals. Their website says, “Earn $10 for 10,000 points. There’s no limit to how much you can earn. In addition, earn up to hundreds of dollars for contributing health research.”
42) Donate your eggs/sperm. You can get paid for giving your eggs or sperm. I know it may make you feel a little squeamish, but this is something you can exchange for money!
43) Stock market. My husband is a Financial Advisor soour family is all about investing and the stock market! You can make great money by investing in the stock market. There are so many different ways to do this, including long-term investing (think saving for retirement) and short-term investing like day trading.
44) Flip houses. You can make money by investing in real estate, fixing it up, then selling it at a profit.
45) Buy rental properties. You can make money by investing in real estate through owning rental properties. You buy the house, then rent it out so you make a profit against what the mortgage is (if you have a mortgage).
I hope you try to apply at least one idea! Let me know how it turns out. Cheers to making more money!
Hello and Welcome! Proluxx is a Finance, Budgeting, and Self Development blog. Our mission is to educate, motivate, and inspire as many individuals to gain financial peace and financial freedom through budgeting, investing, and side businesses. Hope you enjoy our content and leave a comment even if it is just to say hello!